Junior Sales Representative and Adm. Support - Johannesburg
Are you a newly qualified Food Technologist or studying towards becoming a Food Technologist, and are you ready to kickstart your sales career in an international company? Are you motivated by identifying customers’ needs and coming up with solutions they buy into? If yes, you should apply for this exciting position as Junior Sales Representative at Palsgaard.
Palsgaard is a full-service emulsifier and stabiliser company, creating sustainably produced ingredients with specialised performance characteristics. The South African office was established more than 25 years ago, and today, we have an office and warehouse in Johannesburg as well as warehouses in Durban and Cape Town.
As our new Junior Sales Representative, you will play a central role in expanding our network of clients around Gauteng and surrounding areas. You will be working from our office in Johannesburg, however, most of the time, your will be travelling to develop our customer base. Besides the various sales tasks, you will – together with our Customer Coordinator – be responsible for different administrative tasks in the office.
- Build and maintain relationships with new customers.
- Manage and grow existing customer base.
- Provide technical support to existing and new customers.
- Market research
- Travel within SA for new and existing customers.
- Stand in for Customer Coordinator (orders, quotations)
- Creating new customers in our internal IT-system (CRM).
What do you need to apply?
- Food technologist degree or studying towards Food Technologist degree.
- You are motivated by travelling and therefore capable of working independently.
- Strong desire to succeed, outgoing and service minded personality.
- Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to plan ahead.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- A team player with a go-getter attitude.
- Valid driver’s license is expected.
- Computer literate.
At Palsgaard, we are guided by our corporate values; Loyalty - Responsibility – Commitment. Therefore, it is crucial that you take responsibility for your own work assignments as well as the unity of our company. You carry out your duties in a timely manner and are loyal to the joint decisions and agreements that are made.
You will be working closely with your colleagues at the South African office in Johannesburg as well as our global organization. Therefore, it is important that you are a team player and socially responsible. You are a quick learner and must be prepared to get to know all the systems we use daily.
We will make sure to give you all the necessary tools to perform in this position, and you will get the opportunity to get hands-on experience with our entire supply chain.
What do we offer you?
- A job with unique working conditions and possibilities for further career development including intensive training in application and product knowledge.
- A job in an expanding company that combines technological knowledge with practical value generation.
- A job in an international environment with clients, partners, and colleagues all over the world.
- A job in a market leading company with high CSR standards and CO2 neutral production.
- A job in a socially well-functioning atmosphere and informal environment.
Do you have any questions?
If you want to seize this opportunity, then send us your application and resume as soon as possible. Please also attach your food technology degree certificate.
We process applications on a continuous basis and close the job opening once the right candidate has been found. If you would like to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Finance Manager, Huidi van Zyl, e-mail: email@example.com
If you want to learn more about Palsgaard, please visit our website: www.palsgaard.com