Experienced Technical Sales Manager – food ingredients, South Africa
Do you have a food technology degree and an in-depth understanding of how food ingredients work? Can you drive an ambitious sales agenda and deliver specialist expertise at the same time? If so, you should apply for this challenging position as Technical Sales Manager at Palsgaard.
Palsgaard is a full-service emulsifier and stabiliser company, creating sustainably produced ingredients with specialised performance characteristics. The South African office was established more than 25 years ago, and today, we have an office and warehouse in Johannesburg as well as warehouses in Durban and Cape Town.
As our new Technical Sales Manager, you will play a central role in expanding our network of clients around Gauteng and surrounding areas. Your base will be our office in Johannesburg; however, you will be on the road most of the time to increase sales and support new and existing clients with technical know-how. Most importantly, you identify customers’ needs and come up with solutions they buy into.
“In this position, you get the opportunity to be part of a dedicated sales team. We are looking for an ambitious Sales Manager with a go-getter attitude and a strong drive for outbound activities and closing sales”, says Cai Christensen, Sales Director MEA.
- Develop new business opportunities to achieve annual sales target.
- Provide technical support to existing and new customers.
- Market research
- Visit existing clients to build strong client / supplier relationships.
- Manage and grow existing customer base.
- CRM duties for existing and new customers.
What do you need to apply?
- Food technologist degree or several courses within the food industry.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a technical sales position or a similar role.
- You are used to travel and therefore capable of working independently.
- Strong desire to succeed, outgoing and service minded personality.
- Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to plan ahead.
- A proven track record of sales excellence.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- A team player with a go-getter attitude.
- Valid driver’s license is expected.
- Computer literate.
At Palsgaard, we are guided by our corporate values; Loyalty - Responsibility – Commitment. Therefore, it is crucial that you take responsibility for your own work assignments as well as the unity of our company. You carry out your duties in a timely manner and are loyal to the joint decisions and agreements that are made.
You will be working closely with your colleagues at the South African office in Johannesburg as well as our global organization. Therefore, it is important that you are a team player and socially responsible.
What do we offer you?
- A job in an expanding company that combines technological knowledge with practical value generation.
- A job in an international environment with clients, partners, and colleagues all over the world.
- A job in a market leading company with high CSR standards and CO2 neutral production.
- A job with unique working conditions and possibilities for further career development including intensive training in application and product knowledge.
- A job in a socially well-functioning atmosphere and informal environment.
Do you have any questions?
Do you want to join us? Then send us your application and resume as soon as possible. Please also attach your food technology degree certificate.
We process applications on a continuous basis and close the job opening once the right candidate has been found. If you would like to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Sales Director, Cai Christensen, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to learn more about Palsgaard, please visit our website: www.palsgaard.com