Emulsifiers for bakery margarines
Emulsifiers for cream margarine
Cream margarine is used in the decoration and filling cream for cakes. The composition of the cream might differ, but in general it is produced by whipping the margarine together with powdered sugar, sugar syrup or milk. This places different demands on a cream margarine.
The role of an emulsifier for
cream margarine is to provide:
- High volume in the cream or filling
- A good, homogenous cream that is easy to use in confectionery production
- The absorption of liquid ingredients so there are no subsequent leaks
In order to obtain this, it is crucial that the margarine has a very short structure which can be achieved by using the right type of oils combined with the correct process conditions and tempering of the margarine - as well as the right emulsifier.
Let us help you optimize your cake margarine
Palsgaard offers you the right emulsifier solution for your margarine, helping you test it in our pilot plants in order to be able to create a cream which:
- Has a high overrun so that a good amount of air is incorporated in the cream
- Is highly stable so that the cream will not collapse during production or after cake decoration
- Absorbs the liquid ingredients so that it does not subsequently leak out
- Secures a pleasant mouth feel
- Maintains stable, sharp edges on cake decoration
Try our recipe suggestions for cream margarine
As a new feature, we have made our most popular recipe for cream margarine available to download. This recipe is often used as a starting point for a partnership with new customers, and is then adjusted to fit your local sensory preferences, raw materials and production facilities.
Download our select recipe suggestion and the matching product profile on this page.
For advice on how to adjust the recipe to fit your needs and order samples of our emulsifiers for cream margarine, please contact your local Palsgaard partner.